Pages

Wednesday, October 03, 2012

wow.

I'm proud to tell you that my entry in the Port Hacking Potters 47th National Competition 2012 has won the Open Wheelthrown section! I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to the Port Hacking Potters Group and to the esteemed judge of this year’s competition, Greg Daly. It is an honour to have my work assessed by Greg, let alone to be awarded a section prize. I feel so humbled and privileged. I had the pleasure of meeting Greg in person at Subversive Clay, the 2012 Australian Ceramics Triennale in Adelaide just this past weekend. I found him to be so generous and encouraging, sharing his thoughts on the work with me and offering me advice for future work. Thank you Greg!
'Miro Feather Dishes', Wheel thrown + hand painted, Southern Ice Porcelain,
fired to 1280C electric. Each dish is 12 cm wide x 4 cm high.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you in advance if you are leaving a comment! If you leave your email address, you might get a nice reply from me!