Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

shiny birds

My first glaze firing in the Gold Coast Potter Assoc. baby kiln (affectionately known as Minnie) was a complete success! Hurrah!
['scuse the dull kiln picture, artificial light]
Folded ramekins with a new feather
Lovely lori cups!
My clear glaze was perfect, despite long months of neglect! The cobalt gloss is gorgeous as ever and I managed to be pedantic enough to remove all traces of cobalt from the outside of the cups. The yellow gloss looks good, but could use some more pigment and I certainly shouldn't be watering it down any more for roll glazing.
I owe a gratitude to the lovely ladies of the GC Potters - everyone is so supportive and helpful as I develop my ceramics practice :)

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful! What an excellent firing! Each and every piece looks amazing! I'm excited to see what the next firing will bring! Best,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you in advance if you are leaving a comment! If you leave your email address, you might get a nice reply from me!