Pages

Monday, May 09, 2011

skulls + sieves

Today included; sanding some porcelain skull beads for a Frida Kahlo-inspired outfit
Making some mini glaze sieves out of halva containers [there's slip in this one, not halva - they are very useful sized tubs, not to mention halva is super-yummy]...
...and some old tights. I found that well stretch dernier 50 worked well!
[Thanks muchly to Su Brown for the home made sieve tip!]
Playing around with pots and a new tablecloth
And playing with my awesome new tiny digital scales :)

3 comments:

  1. Very jealous your scale does decimal places! Mine goes only to 1 gram. Anything smaller and I create lines with a knife's edge and break the powder into estimated portions- again worried nosey neighbors will conclude I'm running a drug business, as I work in front of a large window! Decimal places would save my reputation! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the teeny tiny skills.They remind me of the tree spirits in Princess Mononoke (if you've ever seen it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. I forgot to say - that photo was taken in swanage/ dorset. The rest of the weekend was blissfully sunny and warm would you believe. I love the storminess though too!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you in advance if you are leaving a comment! If you leave your email address, you might get a nice reply from me!