Pages

Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Eileen.

This is my first kiln. I've been using electric kilns for 10 years, but I've never owned one before. It's a whole new awesome and terrifyingly responsible experience.
Between you and me, my Mum helped me out with a loan to buy my equipment before I got my government grant, so it seems only fitting that I have christened my kiln 'Eileen', after Mum!

[kiln gods]

I unloaded the first test glaze firing on Sunday and it was so perfect I nearly CRIED with happiness.
Thanks Mum.

[Let's go to Mud Colony, shall we?]

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first kiln. It's a huge experience to be responsibel for such a monster.

    I've got my own kiln in my laundry room and always fire at night, because the electricity is cheaper at night.

    But having my 'monster' working it's way up to 1230 degrees, makes me a light sleeper.

    Hope you have a lot of succesful firings with Eileen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life changes when you have your own kiln. Congratulations on a great firing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. It's so great to have your own kiln to experiment with. You've got the kiln gods and it was funded by love, you're in great shape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah you have a great Mum. Wonderful that you now have your own kiln to fire when you are ready and not to fit in with another potter

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you in advance if you are leaving a comment! If you leave your email address, you might get a nice reply from me!