Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

farm throwing.

Early last Tuesday I snuck into Faye's studio to trim the previous week's pots and throw my last clay sample. Her studio is nestled inside a huge barn on her parent's farm. As I drove up the lane I was dodging baby chicks, then greeted by cockerels crows and horses stomping in their stable. It's a whole new experience to throw with so much noise around me - I became so used to filling silence with music on the Gold Coast!
My last sample was PF 700 (Porcelain White S/ware) from Valentine Clays was easy to throw with, however it dried very quickly and warped considerably. I could easily take it into consideration and work with that, but I'd be happier to use a reliable stoneware in the short term.

[Faye's barn!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you in advance if you are leaving a comment! If you leave your email address, you might get a nice reply from me!