Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

bird brain

I'm developing the decoration for my tableware this morning. Our teacher has introduced us to the Willow pattern (I'll save that story for a later post) for our history unit and encouraged us to make work inspired it. Personally I don't like the pattern, it represents old fashioned, boring ceramics to me (but not when people do clever things like this and this, thats very cool) so my Willow-inspired work is going to be quite abstract from the original, with a simplified bird filled with the intricate patterns that surround the original design.
Using small bowls to test out the designs
Scrafitto maybe?
This one will have the outlines in relief then the patterns painted with cobalt carbonate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you in advance if you are leaving a comment! If you leave your email address, you might get a nice reply from me!