Pages

Friday, February 05, 2010

diploma of visual arts

My second year at art college has finally begun! The summer seemed to drag by and I found it difficult to be self motivated creatively. I couldn't be happier to back in class :)

Our new term started with learning how to make signature stamps. Lets hope they look good the right way round...
New test tiles using porcelain as well as stoneware

Experimenting with Keraflex porcelain. I made dozens of paper lanterns like these when I was little, it would be lovely to have a permanent one in porcelain. Lets hope it doesn't slump too much in the firing.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katy! I love seeing what you're making in your ceramics classes - I especially like the latern and hope it fired OK! Thanks for popping over onto my blog and for your very lovely comments about my work :-)
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katy,

    Thanks for the comment on my blog, and congrats on the Journal of Australian Ceramics publication! This lantern looks amazing! Would love to see a pic of it fired please!! I'm curious to see how it goes. Have only ever looked at keraflex...never actually made anything out of it. Have a good semester. mel

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you in advance if you are leaving a comment! If you leave your email address, you might get a nice reply from me!