Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

okay.

The test pots are fired!
You may remember, on Sunday I posted an anxious post full of 'what ifs'. Thankfully these test pots have calmed my mind regarding 'What if the test glazes don't fit the clays?'.
It's okay Mitchell. The glazes fired nicely, as pre-mixed recipes should. 
(I should note here: in Australia I mixed my own glaze, but now without a local supplier and using different materials, it seems like the safest bet to use a pre-mix in the short term. I won't like it, but it's practical for the time being.)
Now I have the slightly annoying task of choosing between 2 almost identical stoneware clays! 
The porcelain mix is beautiful, but cracked easily and of course, is pricey. 
Wait here, I'll get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you in advance if you are leaving a comment! If you leave your email address, you might get a nice reply from me!